Moving your loved one to a senior living community can be a difficult and emotional decision, but oftentimes the correct one. There are a variety of aspects to consider, but the main question is: will they be safe? At Surpass Senior Living we pride ourselves on the quality of life we create for your loved one. We provide our residents with a homelike environment in a comfortable apartment to help foster independence and the peace of mind knowing that assistance is available should they require it. In this post, we have laid out a few different reasons explaining why assisted living and memory care is not only safe for your loved one but the right decision for you as well.
QUALITY OF CARE
Caring for your loved one requires a lot of time and effort, which you may not always be able to provide. That is why it can be a safer and more logical option to utilize the trained professionals at senior living communities. Our amazing teams can provide the level of care that seniors may be unable to receive at home. Assisted Living and Memory Care may be most beneficial for seniors who:
- Have a medical condition that requires attention throughout the day and a loved one or caregiver is not always there to provide it or does not have the expertise to address it.
- Need assistance with bathing, going to the bathroom, or eating.
- Need assistance with managing medications, transportation, cooking meals, and housekeeping.
- Have Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia can be cared for appropriately and safely.
- Are living with others that cannot socially distance themselves.
Our communities are following strict policies set by the CDC to keep our residents as safe as possible. These policies include, but are not limited to, hand hygiene, social distancing, face masks, routine cleaning of communal areas and limiting communal gatherings. We continually revisit these policies with the help of a clinical consultant to ensure we try to mitigate the virus. In addition, we have enhanced safety measures in place to provide peace of mind for you.
- Staff trained to identify COVID-19 symptoms and testing is completed on-site if any symptoms arise.
- Resident temperature checks two times daily with additional screening.
- COVID testing completed on new residents prior to move-in.
- Team members screened prior to each shift at the community.
- Trained care staff on-site 24/7 to monitor health and wellness and provide direct care.
- We utilize advanced geofencing technology to prohibit entry by people who have been to places with active COVID-19.
According to various studies, isolation and loneliness can lead to depression, elevated blood pressure, and early mortality in seniors. This is especially concerning for seniors aging at home who are unable to see family and friends or visit local senior centers.
At our communities, residents are safely quarantined and monitored to ensure they stay safe. Our teams have worked hard to continue activities and implement safe ways of social interaction and active engagement for our residents.
Our purpose-built communities are designed to minimize the health risks that seniors face at home. All of our flooring surfaces are non-slip, including bathrooms in the apartments. Also, all carpeting is short pile which reduces the risk of tripping and falling. Finally, all bathrooms have safety rails and hallways have handrails throughout the community.
On-call staff also provides peace of mind in medical emergencies. Rooms have nurse call systems to notify staff in case of falls or injuries. This means seniors don’t have to worry about struggling to contact help or waiting to be found after a medical emergency at home.
Also, you don’t have to worry about checking smoke detectors, carbon monoxide alarms, or replacing fire extinguishers. In the event of an emergency — like a tornado, earthquake, or fire — our staff is prepared to handle the situation.
If you are interested in learning more, click here to contact one of our Sales Directors.